In the ever-competitive world of technology one thing is for certain – money talks. Every company out there wants to top the stocks because it’s a sure fire way of indicating their success in a market when there’s always the risk of a newer, younger and more innovative technology company taking over.
So, looking at the Salesforce ecosystem, is their money talking? I’ve taken a look at the top ten things you should know from Salesforce’s Investor Day, and what they might indicate for Salesforce’s future success:
- Acquisition’s are key for their market domination
- Apps and platform strategy – with a focus on mobile, social and big data integration, as well as AI, machine learning and predictive intelligence – will drive future success
- Multi-cloud integration is a key focus for CIOs digital transformation initiatives
- Oracle and SAP are Salesforce’s most threatening competitors within the market space
- However, Salesforce is dominating the CPQ market – with nearly $100M of add-on business
- The majority of their sales come from installed base sales
- The decision to partner with AWS and Google Cloud is leading to more sales growth in EMEA and Asia Pacific
- Nearly 2,000 customers are now spending over $1M annually
- Salesforce’s future growth is contingent on enabling customers in vertical markets to tailor platform and apps to their needs
- Revenue is being driven by multi-cloud customers
In summary, one thing that is clear from Salesforce’s Investor day is the fact they have big plans. This shouldn’t come as a surprise considering the advancements they have made to their capabilities in recent months and years; clearly, Salesforce are here to stay and they’re not resting on their laurels. They know what is working, and they know where they might face a challenge.
Saying that, they have made a name for themselves for being an innovative and forward-thinking company, and they’re unlikely to let the competition hang around for long. They’re going to continue to push and challenge the industry, and will most likely remain one of the most dominant players in their space.