Think back to where technology was 5 years ago compared to where we are today. Where do you think we’ll be 5 years from now? I believe the future holds some amazing changes which will change the way we interact with the world and how the world will interact with us. Below are the top 10 trends, which Gartner have identified, will impact and transform us the most until 2023.
- Autonomous things – using AI to do tasks traditionally undertaken by humans (robotics, drones, vehicles, agents, appliances)
- Augmented Analytics – using automated algorithms to explore and improve data and analytics capabilities.
- AI-driven development – using AI to develop AI-powered tools for the development process and embedding the AI in to apps.
- Digital twins – mirroring a real-life object or system.
- Empowered Edge computing
- Immersive technologies – Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality will change the way we interact with the world.
- Blockchain – the technology will improve eventually reducing transaction times, improving cash flow in to businesses and lower costs.
- Smart spaces – digital or physical environments where humans and technology-enabled systems work together openly and intelligently.
- Digital ethics and privacy – people becoming more aware of how their information is used and the increased value of their data.
- Quantum computing – computers working on millions of computations at the same time
I am excited to see what our technology landscape will look like in another 5 years time and how different our lives will have been changed, with a bit of luck, for the better!