As everyone is aware, DevOps is a sector of Technology Services where culture is undeniably the driving force. And, in a team where cooperation and coordination are such strong factors for success, if the cultural fit is misaligned – even slightly – it can have massively detrimental effects on your business efforts.
That’s because, at a time when competitive advantage is contingent on a businesses ability to get ahead of the curve, the build the best technology and to offer the most advanced capabilities to their customers, DevOps has never been more important. Organisations simply have to focus on their DevOps team as a whole; whilst they might want excellent individuals onboard, if the team as a whole doesn’t work then there’s only so much you’re going to be able to achieve.
If your applications fail to be productive, so does your company. There is no pressure, but your applications are the face of your business and customers expect to get better apps faster with conventional methods.
So, when looking to expand your DevOps team, there are 7 things you should always take into consideration:
- Are they self-motivated to learn?
- Do they have a collaborative nature?
- How are their communication skills?
- Are they resilient enough to cope with the peaks and troughs of team work?
- Will they be able to manage their time efficiently?
- Do they have a ‘big picture’ mindset?
- Can they be empathetic to other peoples emotions?
If your candidate ticks all of the above boxes, chances are, you’ve probably found the right fit for your team!